I was craving a cold soup, and beet anything disappears fast around here. So I decided to make the least complicated beet soup I could dream up. This one requires no cooking – just a whiz in the blender. It doesn’t get easier than that!
Coconut Beet Blender Soup
Throw stuff in blender. Hit frappe. Chill.
- 4 cans beets with their liquid
- 2 cans coconut milk, shaken
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 TB garlic
- 2 TB ginger, peel and all
- 2 TB Penzey's Bankok Seasoning (optional)
- juice from 1 lime (optional)
- 1 handful cilantro or basil (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Step 1 Chuck all of the above into the blender. Puree until smooth. Chill. Serve with a garnish of dried basil or a spoonful of plain yogurt. If the texture is too thick for you, add 1/4-1/2 cup water. We liked it as is!